Colonial Virtual Program (CVP) is an online learning solution offered by the Colonial Intermediate Unit (CIU). CVP allows students to attend their local school while taking virtual courses on a part-time to full-time basis. Through partnerships with local schools, our structure allows students to earn a diploma from their local school, participate in school-sponsored activities and athletic programs, and also attend vocational technical high schools.
Students have access to rigorous and engaging online learning materials and the flexibility to complete school work on a schedule that works well for them.
ABOUT COLONIAL INTERMEDIATE UNIT (CIU)
Colonial IU 20 is one of 29 intermediate units throughout Pennsylvania, which were created in 1971 to provide services to school districts in ways that create economies of scale, cost savings, and better efficiencies in the delivery of important programs and services to children, especially those with special needs.
At IU 20, we believe that:
- Supportive Relationships, integrity, and good judgment create trust and respect.
- Strong Relationships depend on open, honest, and shared communication.
- Responding to the needs of others demonstrates the value and respect the organization has for every individual stakeholder.
- Responding to stakeholder needs through creative problem-solving and progressive solutions demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
- Meaningful Results come from a commitment to do the right things right.
Our mission is that Colonial Intermediate Unit 20 and its partners develop positive Relationships that support student growth, are Responsive to stakeholders’ crucial needs, and demonstrate Results through services and programs for students.
Our staff serves 13 school districts and 3 career and technical centers in Northampton, Monroe, and Pike Counties. With 1,400 full and part-time staff and budgets totaling $180 million, we are one of the community’s largest employers and contributors. We serve 79,000 public school children; 9,000 non-public school children; and 7,000 professional staff in our service region of 1,200 square miles.